Wednesday, July 18, 2007

**Trunk Show**

Hi All
Just a summary of our meeting tonight. We are hosting our first "Etsy Trunk Show" For those of you who don't know what this is...Its like a home party. Were going to be inviting people to this show and we will kind of introduce ourselves and show our items and we'll have drinks and snacks and it will be like a little party. We are really hoping that everyone that is interested will come to this show. Especially if you are interested in hosting or selling at one of these events. We want to start having more regular members in our group so we can all truly benefit and promote each other. These trunk shows have proven to be successful as told by forum posts on etsy. So let's all participate and make this a wonderful event!
Here's all the info:
Hosted by : Emily http://www.frolickingink.etsy.com
Place: 4009 E. 17th ST (eugene)
Time/Day: August 1st at 7 pm
Phone: 337-9195
You don't have to call to RSVP but it would be nice to let us know so we can prepare. We would really love to see all of you there so you can support those of us who are showing our items! And also so you can sign up to do the next show. We are going to be doing the show instead of our meeting. So if you were planning on coming to the meeting please meet us at Emily's house for drinks and snacks :D
Please visit this link for a map to Emily's house. :)

-Courtney

16 comments:

pso Design said...

Thanks Courtney...that looks great. I have invitations printed up for anyone you wants them. Please convo or email me so I can get some to you. I'm so excited about these trunk shows! They are a great way for us to promote our shops! -- Pam

Courtney and Molly said...

Im jam packed this weekend, Maybe monday after school I could pick up some flyers from you? Ill have to tell emily that I wont be bringing any to her today. :/

Kiley said...

I was sick all weekend, without a car tonight, and have a meeting Tuesday... I think I should have my car back Wednesday so I'll contact you then about trying to meet up.
-Kiley

Kiley said...

How many promo items should we have made up? I would like to get more done than we have rsvp's for- does anyone know what the count is at?

Anonymous said...

I am interested in joining this street team. I love the idea of trunk shows, if I don't have to work I am interested in coming to this one. Thanks, !Spring yodamoon.etsy.com

Kiley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiley said...

Hi Yodamoon!

We would be happy to have you join our team. Please rsvp to Emily to let her know if you can make it or not. We usually meet the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays at 6:30, this week's meeting is a little different as it is the trunk show.
If you can't make the show just let us know when you can make a meeting!
Looking forward to meeting you!
-Kiley
(also replied in a convo- also removed prior post due to morning sleepiness and typo's)

CC said...

Don't know what the count is nobody has replied or posted so who knows? I know I am bringing my mom and Molly is telling the gals she's works with so hopefully there will be new faces.

Wren said...

i saw emily at the sat. market yesterday. i think she said she's invited 4 or 5 people. i've invited a couple, but am not sure if they'll be coming.

Kiley said...

I invited the ladies I work with but they can't make it. My friends either all work evenings or are out of town this week so maybe next time around.
I guess I'll shoot for 10 packs for the promo bags and hope that I get more done to be ahead of the game!

pso Design said...

Hi guys...sorry I haven't been around much. I invited a couple people, but don't know if anyone will make it...we'll see. This is going to be alot of fun. I think we need to relax and think of this first show as a learning experience.

CC said...

I like the way you're approaching it Pam. :) As it is Molly and I are going to be coming back from an apt shopping day in Corvallis so Im going to need to take it easy and have fun!
Thats also great news that Emily has been inviting so many people. It should be fun. :D
See you all on wednesday!

pso Design said...

Tomorrow is the day! Courtney, I've been reading a bit about these trunk shows and most stress having fun the most important part of these shows....and low pressure. So, I think we'll do a short announcement and then let everyone shop at their leisure. Hopefully, we'll figure out what we need to improve on and have a couple shows booked from there. And, of course, the margaritas are going to taste so good on a 90+degree day :)

pso Design said...

Oh...another thing. Everyone should bring promo items with them. We are going to be putting together promo bags for guests to take home to promote everyone's shop...not just the selling members. So, bring on those promos!

Wren said...

i'm nervous... i'm not the best at socializing with people i don't know. i think the drinks will help me though!

are you all bringing stuff to display your work? we don't need tables right? has anyone put together a portfolio/photo album like we talked about? i think i'll work on mine tonight...

:)

CC said...

Don't worry wren im no good at socializing either. ;) Emily said she has tables and that should be it. I realized I packed all my jewelry :/ oy
If all else fails at least Ill be there with some skirts and shirts.
Didn't work on my photo album either. :( I know i know...slap me on the wrist. wish me luck apt shopping. :/
see ya ladies tonight!