Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Notes & Links from Wren..

hi again! aren't these cows funny! so, i just wanted to let you all know that the application for next months Craftywonderland show is due the 15th (which is this sunday). it will be on mothers day, may 13th- which i think could bring a good turn-out of moms and daughters. i've already submitted my application and would love it (as would my car) if others wanted to come/carpool as well! so, please submit and let me know.

i liked the group postcards linked from the comments last time- very professional and nice. i do think that we could do the same thing with vista print ourselves, and it would be a lot cheaper because they have free deals on postcards all the time. we would just have to pay for shipping and to upload our image. they also have extra big postcards (i think they're 8.5x5 in. or so) which you get less of but could be cool. so, let's talk about that idea at our next get together.

it would be great if we could use the puzzle post cards from joannes (as courtney mentioned in the last comments), but that could get to be pretty expensive- not sure how much they cost. it would be pretty easy to make them i think. especially if we did it as a group together. so why don't we all plan on bringing some supplies for making those to our next meeting... unless you all want to use the pre-made ones. does that sound good- a group craft project!?

also, with all the yammering on i did at the last meeting about cross-promoting, marketing, networking, blogging etc. i thought it would be good to share some links that i found in case you all want to use them etc. :) i might as well share this info i spend way to much of my time finding!

please note- i have not used or bought from all of these sites, but most were recommended by other etsy sellers/craft people, or i found them. enjoy :)

13 comments:

Kiley said...

I have some of the huge vista print post cards, they are huge. Possibly too huge...
I would say we should go with the standard size as I have to fold the larger ones to get them into my packages.

I agree we should go with vista print- I just really liked the idea! Vista Print only does 50 free so we if we wanted more we would need to pay for the extra's, we will also have to pay for the custom image upload. They are really cheap so we if split the cost's it wont be bad. I'll check the specials before the next meeting.

pso Design said...

Thanks, Wren! So helpful! I started exploring some of those links yesterday. If anyone has any insight or experience on whether any of them brought traffic to your store or blog, that would be good to know.

When should we schedule the meeting for? Any input?

I like the idea for Vista Print. I noticed that even if we ordered more than the free amount, it's still pretty reasonable.

Pam

Pam

pso Design said...

Lol...fun, double me's.

I just wanted to ad that I did put some of my items on Crafterbuzz and it didn't seem to do anything. Anybody else have any experience with this site?

Wren said...

i haven't really used any of the networking/promoting links i posted- other than putting a link in the girl wide web. i want to though and i'll keep you all posted on how it works out! most of the supply places i have purchased from or know they are reputable.

i'm on vistaprint's customer email list so i get regular emails about their sales. i'll look out for the best deals. usually the postcards are 100 for free, occassionally they only give you 50- but we'll hold out for the larger amount! i'm sure it won't be long since they send me specials a few times a week! if the big ones are too large than we probably should go the regular route, in my opinion. to upload a design is $4-5. slow shipping is $5.50, regular is $9.25. so it will be super cheap if we split it up.

how is everyone doing on the promos? i've made a few but need to get to work! should we meet next week? tues. & thu. evenings are good for me, as usual!

wren :)

pso Design said...

Tues. would be better for me next week, since I deliver to a show on Fri. Being a procrastanator, lol, it's usually down to the wire. But, if Thurs. is best for everyone, I can squeeze it in.

Kiley said...

Tuesday doesn't work for me. I have my monthly bookarts group meeting that night. Other than that any night next week works for me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the research, links and info!! I have lots of markers, paper, glitter pens, etc. if we make puzzle cards. I'm not sure if any of that would work, but I'll bring it to the next meeting. I feel a little stuck on making promo items. What is everyone else making? I'd like to make a heart with Etsy written inside, but it's not a feasibly bead-able project (I think I'm making up words here:) I will keep trying out ideas so I'm ready next time around.

Kiley said...

I think for promo's I am going to make little match book books. It is what I have been sending out with orders. My only issue is how to turn them into promo's for myself. I have been sending them blank so I'm doing some pondering about how to get my shop info on there. They are small so thats where my problem comes in.

Anyone have a problem with meeting Wednesday as Thursday doesn't work for Pam?

Kiley said...

Back again, busy morning.

I just got Melissa from silk creek gallery set up on here so she can start posting too. She's going to try to make it to the meeting next week.

Wren said...

wednesday doesn't work for me- i have an evening class till 9 on mondays and wednesdays. tuesday evening would work- 6:30 at the earliest though...

later i'm going to post a list of some ideas i've had for promo items. they may not work for everyone else- but hopefully they'll at least get your juices flowing!

Kiley said...

Tuesday really doesn't work for me I've got a meeting at 7 that will probably run until 10.

Looks like either Pam or myself will miss the next meeting.

For the group promo's we are stick our shop info on there somewhere right? I'm still working out what I want to do but that will be a factor in size.

Kiley said...

Would a Sunday afternoon meeting work for anyone?

I would really like to make it to the next meeting- but the 3rd Tuesday of the month is always blacked out for me.

pso Design said...

I can make it on Thursday if that's best for everyone else. I'll just have to take some tips from Wren and get better organized, hehe.